April 30, 2009

Rats Nest

As you can see above, the wiring on this bike leaves something to be desired. I find it hard to believe it came from the factory like this, as many of the connectors seem amateur, even by my standards, and there seem to be far too many in-line splices. But, I'm not an electrician, so this could be stock.

But after some unbolting, unscrewing, pulling, tugging, and one bout of cutting (wires to the horn, since it'll be getting replaced with a Stebil Nautilus anyway), I got the wiring harness out and put away. Also managed to pull the center stand off, which I'm not sure will go back on or not. We'll see.

So here's the bike as it stands now.


This weekend I should be able to get the engine out, and then maybe begin to clean the frame up. I'm hoping that it's light enough that I can lug it around by myself. Perhaps take it to a car wash and get a lot of the dirt, dust, grease and road grime from the past 30 years off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment